Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

Default How long does a bandsaw blade last?

In article , "Toller" wrote:
I haven't heard of anyone using washing soda for many years, but will give
it a try if I can find it.

Your best bet is a grocery store, on the same aisle as laundry detergent.
If
you find the borax, the washing soda is probably close by. Arm & Hammer
brand.
Big yellow box -- looks like their baking soda box, only bigger. Here in
Indy,
Kroger and Safeway grocery stores have it, and I believe Ace Hardware,
too.

Tried WD40, did nothing.
Tried mineral spirits, did nothing.
Found washing soda at the grocery. It took off 95% of the crude Saw cut
much better afterwards also; thanks.

You're welcome. I use it on table saw blades, too --works great.

--
Regards,