Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Toilet Problems/Questions

help! wrote:
I'm a complete illiterate when it comes to fixing things. My husband
isn't much better than I
:-)

We bought a brand new home 7 years ago and have had a few problems
over the years with clogged toilets from time to time;nothing that a
plunger couldn't fix. As the years have passed, we now have ongoing
clogging issues with all 3 toilets; one downstairs and two upstairs.
I bought a snake before calling plumber to see if that mighth help;
but it didn't.

Somehow I suspect that you now have a clogged drain or vent, that could
effect all three. I suppose that it could also be something in the toilet
that is now failing since they are all about the same age and type.

In any case you need to find out which it really is and either the
plumber is not telling you or you have not been able to convey it to us.

If you really trust the plumber (frankly if everything is just as you
say, I would not trust him,) then ask for a careful explanation of exactly
what is wrong. Write it down word for word and come back.

I suspect you need a new plumber, but I really can't say.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit