Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default Cutting through a stucco wall?

uncle k wrote:
Situation: All stucco townhome. Flat-roof garage has a 40" high
facade-wall around the perimeter. To gain easy access from a verandah to
the garage roof I could build stairs up, then down... or better yet, cut a
passage through the stucco.

Question: How? I'm trying to imagine the easiest way to cut a reasonably
clean passage, then come back and restucco the edges.

Should I score the stucco, then bust out that line with a chisel before
knocking the rest out with a maul? Cement blade for a circular saw?

I'm not sure what's inside the wall. It appears to be 2 X 6 construction,
with chicken wire over who-knows-what?

Thanks for any ideas.

Unc

a dry diamond blade will make short work of that stucco cut.......BTDT

demo'd & cut up a garage wall (8 x 20) into 12 pieces........2 - 20'
cuts, 5 - 8' cuts

in about 1/2 hr.

cheers
Bob