Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann

Default Cable Tv picture Improvement design

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article . com,
says...

I am designing a simple board in which i want to improve the cable
television quality by givng it the cable tv as a input and then
digtalize it process it so as to get rid of snow or other common
problems those hamper the picture quality and then recreate the analog
signal and over coax cable connect it to TV
Does anybody knows any ICs for such a commercial application?
Kindly inform me as soon as possible also if possible give me a cost
effective solution and third party support requirement if any.

Not really worthwhile. Cable systems are moving to all-digital
transmission (many already have ADS, where analogs are duplicated as
digitals), so noise and snow will soon not be an issue. The problem will
then probably be softness due to overcompression.

The main issue is that most TV's have too much sharpness boosting,
hyper-wide contrast, and other issues that end up exaggerating noise.
Properly adjusting a TV can make a major difference.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross