Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann

Default Making my own coax cables

In article .com,
says...
I would like to make my own custom-length coax cables. What are the
best cable cutter, stripper and crimper for the money? (I'm assuming
three seperate tools here). I don't want to spend too much money since
this is just for around the house and not pro, but I don't want cheap
junk that's a waste of money either.

For my basic home TV cable use, I just use reqular wire cutters for
the cable. For stripping and the F connectors, I have a Sargent 8600ESC
(for RG6 and 59). It strips the end, you put on a Snap-N-Seal type
connector, insert it into a holder, and screw down a little thumbscrew
to push it on.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross