Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default Motor shaft adapter

Alex wrote:

Does anyone sell motor shaft adapters?
I have a disk grinder with 5/8" bore but most motors sold on eBay have
bigger shaft diameter.
Is there any motor shafts adapters out there? I did search on google but
found nothing.

Thanks

How about getting the best buy you can on a motor, taking it apart,
taking the rotor to someone with a lathe and turning the end of the
shaft down to 5/8". Should take about 5 minutes, and no extra parts needed.

If you talk nice to a shop instructor at a local technical high school
you gould probably get it done for just a "thank you" faster than you
can say Jill Robinson.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia