Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Small sheet metal brake?

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:55:39 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

I'm on the lookout for a small sheet metal brake (folder) to modify
the ally chassis on a little 12th scale electric RC car my daughter
wants to build, race and maintain herself (well that's one excuse bor
buying another tool g) and for general bending-things in the
workshop afterwards

Previously I have just set the sheet between two bits of steel (bar,
angle or square tube) in the vice (and some clamps) and worked the
bend with a soft hammer / drift bar etc but I fancy something a bit
more sophisticated now ;-)

I normally use a 15" folding set in a No 4 fly press for bending small
items.

Colin Bignell

Thanks for the replies lads ;-)

I saw the Machine Mart one online (and they are quite near and I have
used them a bit over the years) but their one was nealy 50 quid inc
Vat..

The Frost one was similar spec and price.
http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8522

I do have a 10 tonne hydraulic press (Machine Mart) but I wasn't sure
what I would need to go with that and / or if I would get the same
'feel' as with a small hand bender, hensce something 'smaller'?

Frost do a 'Hand Folder' but it's more expensive than the bench
folder I first spotted!

My 10 tonne press easily straightened some 20mm steel plates ;-)

All the best ..

T i m