Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air conditioner circuit breaker trips

"Bob Urz" wrote in message

A.Taylor wrote:
I live in Dallas and the weather has been very nice until today. Today I
decided to use the central A/C, the unit ran without incident for maybe
20
minutes than the circuit breaker tripped. I reset the breaker and 10
minutes
later again the circuit breaker tripped (The a/c was cold before the
breaker
tripped and returned cold after I flipped the breaker). What is going on
here?

I believe I have a heat pump unit (you know the one that gets cold but
not
as cold as someone with a regular unit). Thanks in advance.

Is the fan running on your outdoor condenser unit when you have the air
on and the breaker is not tripped? Is it cool air at the indoor air vents
when the AC is running? Had any storms around lately?

Bob

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Good advice on checking if the outside fan is running. If it is siezed or
shorted that can trip the breaker. IF it is open and not running that can
also trip the breaker by causing the compressor to draw to much curret, .
After checking this replace the breaker if you can DIY it.