Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Default OT - Winger with gun

"rigger" wrote in message
ups.com...

Cliff wrote:
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:38:00 -0700, "Hawke" wrote:

Getting rid of guns will only make life easier for bullies. Since this
is the case the only rational thing to do is to allow law abiding

citizens
the right to use firearms to protect themselves and their property.

Nothing
else is going to work.

You get rich every day buying government lottery tickets, right?
Buy them all & be a sure winner.
--
Cliff

Hi Cliff: Running out of time needed to give anything but glib
answers? The problem is this liberal viewpoint is created without
examining the entire situation and giving people their due respect.
It's easy to totally ignore the people who report their personal
environment would be safer with their ownership of defensive weapons,
but this doesn't solve the situation.

Do-gooders created prohibition using good intentions and what did it
get us: A larger criminal element by criminalizing the average citizen.
The average citizen (and civil servant) knew this was an unjust law
and many rebelled against it and learned about flaunting the law in the
process. Now you suggest doing the same thing again; as if we didn't
have enough troubles already.

Makes me wonder why the Dems have their collective heads up their
collective asses on this issue. I mean, why alienate voters at this
stage of the game instead of trying to work out acceptable
alternatives?

The Democrats just kill me. It's almost as if they don't want to be in
power. Either that or they are just so stupid they can't figure it out. I
mean, all they would have to do to take over is to change their position on
two issues and they would rule. They need to take the right wing anti
immigrant position and they need to stop with the anti gun stuff. If they
only adopted the opposite view on those two issues they would be the
majority by a wide margin. As John Belushi used to say, but NOOOOO!, that
would make too much sense. So they will keep on the same path and get the
same lousy results. In my book that makes them just as dumb as the
republicans. No wonder things are so screwed up. We have to pick between
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. What a country!

Hawke