Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.photography
Pat

Default What nut size to fit tripod screw?

That's what I love about this newsgroup -- its international flare and
the ability to not know what the heck people are talking about. I
don't have a clue as what UNC or UNF is. We just have inch and metric
over here (or I guess, over "there" depending where you are). It keeps
the tool kit down to two completely different sets of sockets and
wrenches.

In fact, I didn't know there was an attempt to standardize threads
between the UK and US car industry. In fact, one doesn't think about
the UK car industry much, except when James Bond movies are on -- and I
thought he even switch brands.

It would seem, though, that the posters suggesting small hardware shops
and garages are right. They must have them as "legacy" items to fix
old things from the old days before metric. You know, the days when
all we had to do was argue about how many pints are in a gallon.