Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron

Default Trees and Neighbors

RichK wrote:
Hi,

This may be old subject for some, but new to me. Bought a place not long
ago and have few trees at the edge of my property.

Are there any universal laws, or state laws dealing with tree and neighbor
issues?

Ex. Leaves from my tree fall on the neighbors yard - who cleans it up.
Roots come to the surface on his property - who has to cover them with soil.
Leaves fall into the neighbors gutters.

Roots penetrate neighbors sewer line - who pays for unclogging. On and on.
Esthetics of trimming.

Of course this works both ways, because I may be getting leaves form his
tree as well.

Everyone in the neighborhood benefits from having trees around, but some of
my neighbors are not rational in this respect - as least in my opinion.

Regards,

Rich

I'm really surprised that the 2 experts on this subject haven't
"chimed" in yet. LOL

Rich, do a Google Group Search on this subject. ; )

This group, btw.