Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default OT- Glow in The Dark Sandblasting Sand?

According to Don Bruder :
In article ,
David Billington wrote:

On a similar line if you open pre-gummed envelopes in a darkened room
the adhesive produces a glow as you open it.

And the same effect if you peel the tape holding film to the
spool in 35mm film just before processing it. Some people just tear the
tape where it passes around the spool, but I didn't like the tape being
in the processing chemicals, so I would peel it, and wound up with the
most interesting patterns on the last half inch or so of the film. This
was Tri-X, push processed to 800 or 1200 ASA, FWIW.

Another one that's weird:
I run a night-time-delivery newspaper route. Rolling the papers and
rubber-banding them produces the most interesting flashes and tracers
when you pull off and shut down the car to do it. I thought for sure I
must have been having an acid flashback or something the first time I
saw it, but then one night I mentioned it to the other carriers while we
were sitting around over coffee waitnig for the papers to get to the
of the 16 present hadn't noticed the phenomenon.

Interesting. I had not heard of *that* one.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564