Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Water injection

Lets not forget the massive leases paid for by the oil companies and then the
loonies got a ban on drilling off the west coast of Ca. Likewise off the East coast
and in the gulf of Mexico near Mississippi. That is 100 miles out - but we are happy
for China, N. Korea and Cuba drilling 50 miles off Miami. Odd isn't it.

There has been fundamental research in the production of oil - and it has been shown
and proved that not all oil came from plant or even animal (lots of them it would take)
but in a geo-thermo still of sorts that generates chemicals that spew up volcanoes and
all sorts. It seems that the mantel does the trick in so many places.

Think oil is from green fern or floating bugs - takes a lot of them for that trick.

We know that coal came from plants - but the extension to oil was a stretch.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Tom Gardner wrote:
"Justin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Water injection is a power-boosting thing, not an efficiency thing.
All it does is prevent pre-ignition and/or detonation. As for your
complaints about NIMBY, sounds like you've got a case of it too. You
don't want to conserve because you're insecure driving a smaller
vehicle. Petroleum is not the long term solution. Regardless of where
we drill demand will eventually exceed supply. We gotta start finding
viable alternatives. Now's as good a time as any, and better than
most.

Well, I can't put a 1,700 lb. pallet in the Honda like I can in the Ford 4
times a week. Don't buy into the oil shortage thing, there's 250 years
worth in Canada oil sand and another 300 years off the US coasts that we
can't drill. I agree in abandoning oil as a primary energy source, but I
don't buy the bull.

With WI you can lean out the mixture without detonation and you CAN get
better mileage!