Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default OT - Winger with gun

In article , Don Foreman says...

It's also not clear that a handgun is the tool of choice to keep
around the house.

Right. Situations differ a lot.

It takes a *lot* of practice to hit anything. To put this in pespective,
at the range where I shoot, the cops have their targets at 25 feet.

The closest targets after that are 25 yards, then 50 yards. The
general public typically shoots at the 50 yard targets. I would
much rather have on of the regulars there on my side, than one of
the local constabulary, seeing how they shoot, and the errors they
make.

The cops just don't shoot enough to be halfway proficient, at best
they can avoid being a danger to themselves IMO.

Oooh. I could tell ya *blood*curdling stories....

Jim

please reply to: