Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve

Default Setting brick in dry mortor and sand

I previously installed a brick patio set in sand, and it came out really
good. On my new property, I was thinking of trying something I read in a
book. It said you can mix 1 part mortor to 3 parts sand (dry) to lay the
bricks on. Then leave 1/2 gaps in the brick and use the same mixture when
you fill the gaps in. Then wet it all down, and you have a much more solid
surface and the sand won't wash away. The only way I have heard of before
is laying a solid surface first and then laying the bricks in wet mortor
and then grouting, or the dry lay method. Anyone heard of doing it the way
I described?
Thanks.