Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default A Woodburning Stove

On 4/28/2006 7:30 AM Mike Marlow mumbled something about the following:
"Odinn" wrote in message

Get a pellet stove instead of a gas heater. It'll run all night (up to
3 days) on 40 lb of pellets ($5).

Yikes! I don't know much about pellet stoves myself, but a couple of my
neighbors have them and they don't get anywhere near that kind of heating
out of their stoves. I supposed maybe throttled way back to smolder level
it might go 3 days, but I'd really have to question its ability to really
heat at that rate. One of them was really bemoaning the meteoric rise in
the price of pellets this year too. I don't know what he was used to
paying, or what he considers a "high" price to be today, just that he
whinned and cried quite a bit.

Around here, a pellet stove can easily do 3 days. Our coldest night
last winter was 17F, and it was 50F that day, 25F that night, 55F the
next day, 33F the next night, so it can turn off for several hours
during those 3 days

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net