Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Default Water injection

Got any power figures for these cars, or a link where I can read more?
Also, are they road-safe?

Here's the site that offers the 250 mile range car. Granted, they don't plan
on making very many of them, but they do have plans to adapt their
technology in a more affordable model.
http://www.acpropulsion.com/tzero_pages/tzero_home.htm One of the cool
things about this car is the ability to use it to power your house if you
loose electricity. They will also sell you the electrical stuff to put in
your own conversion.

This site will teach you how to do your own conversion, and sell you the
parts. From a small car you can expect about 100 mile range. The electricals
will cost around $12,000 by the time you get batteries and such.

This site claims you can convert one for around $8,000
http://www.evadc.org/build_an_ev.html

Here's the site for new car conversions. Unfortunately, I didn't remember my
facts correctly. $20,000 did not include the original chassis.
http://www.cloudelectric.com/category.html?UCIDs=881991

I'm really tempted to find an old MG, or similar car and do a conversion for
my soon to be 16 year old daughter. It might be a fun project for us.