Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default OT - Winger with gun

On 28 Apr 2006 12:33:06 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Don Foreman says...

I am a military veteran. My assigned weapon 40 years ago was the
M1911 .45 pistol -- but that was 40 years ago. Were I to choose to
be armed now, I would get some good training and I would figure on
500 to 1000 rounds of practice for openers. Good training is
probably easier to find in some areas than others. It is very easy to
find in Minnesota, just ask at any gunshop including the bigbox
sportinggoods stores. In MN, taking and passing a certified
training course including a proficiency test (50 rounds) is required
for issue of a carry permit. Most of us don't need a carry permit,
but I think anyone who would keep a handgun needs the training and
the proficiency.

It's also not clear that a handgun is the tool of choice to keep
around the house.

Jim

Right. Situations differ a lot.