Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Water injection

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:36:58 GMT, Dave Lyon wrote:

Nuke plants driving the grid, charging electric cars, would be a great
solution for many drivers to consider. If it was available. Instead
we're polluting the air and consuming more oil.

It IS available today.

(snip)
A small electric car has around a 100 mile range at around 60 miles per
hour. That is enough to handle a large percentage of all commutes.
Expect to see one like that cost around $20,000.

Got a link for me? If I can buy it, I'm interested. Of course, that's
only half the equation, what with not having any new nuke plants. Hell,
even France is using nuke more than we are. France?!?!?!?

That's a bit pricey for an
economy car, but most people could afford it if they wanted to.

Well, I'm spending 200 bucks a month on gasoline right now.

These cars can't be bought at your local car lot yet, but they can be
bought. If more people were willing to spend the extra money, it wouldn't be
long before you could buy one locally.

Got any power figures for these cars, or a link where I can read more?
Also, are they road-safe?