Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Default Water injection

"Pete C." wrote in message
Tom Gardner wrote:

After ANWR gets drilled and eventually runs out we'll be back in the
same spot we're in now, but with ANWR full of holes. Makes more sense
to go ahead and fix the problem up front by reducing and eventually
eliminating fuel usage before we wind up with holes and strip mines

all
over the place. Get used to feeling like and ant.

Agreed! I'm a BIG nuke fan, let the flames begin!

Nuke is of course the most maligned "green" power source. Maligned of
course by the ignorant and/or paranoid. The only routine emission from a
proper nuke plant is waste heat.

The fuel source, while non-renewable is long lived and while it is
hazardous, it started out hazardous to begin with when it was in the
ground and when you're done extracting energy from it you put it back in
the ground.

A modest number of current generation nuke plants could replace all of
the current polluting fossil fuel fired power plants in short order.
Essentially every argument against nuclear power has been thoroughly
debunked.

Nuclear power plants have far less environmental impact than virtually
all of the renewable energy sources. They don't require acres and acres
of solar collectors, they don't dam up rivers, they don't dot the
hillsides with wind turbines, they don't require acres and acres of land
to grow fuel crops, etc.

Indeed nuclear power plants could be readily built underground (higher
construction cost of course) so they take up almost no surface land and
this of course also makes them pretty much 100% immune to terrorist
attack since terrorists lack the weapons technology to attack an
underground target.

Pete C.

Although I agree with you, I like a good argument.

You forgot the destruction of natural habitat by the waste water that warms
the surrounding lake or river that is used to cool the plant. Many species
cannot thrive in water above their ideal temperature.

Also, don't assume that terrorist only know how to bomb things. There are
plenty of ways to attack things like water supplies and electric plants
without a bomb.