Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.photography
Dave Plowman (News)

Default What nut size to fit tripod screw?

In article .com,
Pat wrote:
Really, you can't get non-metric stuff? In the US, every hardware
store carries both metric and non-metric. Somebody, somewhere, must
have one.

I'm willing to bet they don't carry BSW.

The US isn't in the EU therefore hasn't standardised on things like this.
Although I prefer UNC and UNF to Metric. But UNC and UNC aren't just US -
they were the first attempt to have standard threads between the UK and US
(and maybe others) in mainly the car industry.

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.