Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall out on kitchen... totally ripped apart-- wish list

Humm interesting nobody mentioned this...

But while all the studs are exposed I would sure as
hell make sure that the walls are nice and flat.
Any irregularities can show themselves when installing
the cabinets.

I would also consider a new installation windows while I am
at it. Depending on location think about an exhaust fan and
its wiring.

I would wire it all to code... You'll end up having a few new circuits
going to the panel. Consider different lighting in there.
Insulation (as others stated) wouldnt be a bad idea at all.
Consider a new 3 way wire to the ceiling fan (if you have one)

What's on the other side of the kitchen walls??? Want any
outlets or anything else on those walls?????

I would change out ANY old valves with new ones. If you
use natural gas for the stove, consider changing that valve too.

Only other thing I would suggest is taking pics with the digital camera
along the way. Its good to have before, in the middle and after pics.

Tom