geoff merryweather

Default The Dubya's Steel tariffs declaired illegal

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:03:42 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

They really aren't barriers. They're just cases in which you may have to be
licensed in the state in which you practice. My wife went through that with
her teaching certificate. It's just a duplicative bureacratic procedure, not
a barrier against practicing her profession.

It is a non-trade barrier, which helps keep some bureaucrats employed
and stops out-of-state workers taking the jobs. I doubt if teaching
has such differing requirements between US states that it needs
different certificates for each state, or at most a short course
it is the same as non trade barriers (eg certification requirements)
between countries.