Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default Water injection

"Justin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Water injection is a power-boosting thing, not an efficiency thing.
All it does is prevent pre-ignition and/or detonation. As for your
complaints about NIMBY, sounds like you've got a case of it too. You
don't want to conserve because you're insecure driving a smaller
vehicle. Petroleum is not the long term solution. Regardless of where
we drill demand will eventually exceed supply. We gotta start finding
viable alternatives. Now's as good a time as any, and better than
most.

Well, I can't put a 1,700 lb. pallet in the Honda like I can in the Ford 4
times a week. Don't buy into the oil shortage thing, there's 250 years
worth in Canada oil sand and another 300 years off the US coasts that we
can't drill. I agree in abandoning oil as a primary energy source, but I
don't buy the bull.

With WI you can lean out the mixture without detonation and you CAN get
better mileage!