Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Default Village idiot

RicodJour wrote:
Oleg Lego wrote:

The BobS entity posted thusly:

I could care less about whether I'm in your kill-file or not. A few of you
are like little old ladies fluttering over the fact that I called a spammer
a village idiot.

I didn't much care who you were calling a village idiot, or why you
were doing so.

Personally, I think it's demeaning to the village idiot. Nobody wants
to be likened to a spammer. Village idiots were valuable contributors
to the social fabric of a community. Everyone wants to feel superior
to someone, and the village idiot was the go-to guy if you wanted to
feel better about your lot in life.

Nowadays we can just turn on the tube (or read newsgroups) and
entertain ourselves with countless hours of village idiocy. Ain't
technology grand?

I saw that documentary. Or was it a Monty Python sketch?

It was both!

er
--
email not valid