Default Automating a Manual Surface Grinder

On 14 Nov 2003 09:43:27 -0800,
(Too_Many_Tools) wrote:

With the discussion about CNCing the Sanford surface grinder, it
reminded me that I have a manual Boyar Schultz 6 x 12 manual surface
grinder that needs to be automated SOMEDAY.

Has anyone automated a manual surface grinder and if so, how did you
do it?

I would love to hear any suggestions or hints that you might have to
offer.

Thanks in advance,

TMT

I once made a jury rig grinder based on an old ML7 lathe bed.
Couldn't find a suitable rack for the table drive so used a drive dog
attached to bicycle chain stretched tight between two sprockets. A
microswitch at each end of the travel drove a latching relay which
auto reversed the geared down motor drive to one sprocket.

jim