Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Boatwright

Default Gas grill question

On Wed 26 Apr 2006 07:48:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Edwin
Pawlowski?

"Wayne Boatwright" wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com wrote in message

No different than driving a low end Escort or a Caddy to work. They
both will get you to work. It's all about choice.

There are many folks who can manage to pay $200 periodically to replace
their grills, but could never afford a $1200 outlay all at once.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

That is why both are made. I got tired of the cheap grills so I saved
and got a good one.

My point is that while any grill is better than no grill, those that
insist that the $1000 grill is no better than the $100 grill have not
had the experience. Just like Gin or Bourbon, or Scocth. The $10 a
bottle stuff looks identical to the $35 a bottle stuff, but there sure
is a difference in the drinking.

I agree with you for the most part. However, there are high-end grills
that have features I would never use, and I don't want to pay for them. I
like having a good quality grill, but all I want is a flat grill surface
with at least 3 burners and a heavy cast housing. I have no need for an
infrared vertical back burner, rotisserie, side burner, or other bells and
whistles I also don't care for stainless steel, the stuff that most high-
end grills are made of, and that goes for kitchen appliances as well.

A grill lacking all those "features" also costs considerably less.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬