Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.architecture.alternative
Rich256

Default Swamp Cooler to Refrigeration A/C

Abby Normal wrote:
He is around its just there isn't really much he can say. The indoor
scheme is not an improvement on evap cooling, it makes it worse. It's
okay to dream, you just have to believe a person when he explains why
the dream will not work once in a while.

And my question always is "Why bother?". Running a fan and a little
evaporated water is so cheap. I just can't see how the indoor fans and
water he talks about could do any better. In my opinion he is lost in
the math and not looking at reality.

Then too it is the comfort. My wife loves evaporative cooling where she
can keep windows open and operate ovens. With refrigerations I would
get somewhat upset to come home finding the air conditioner compressor
working it's tail off and she has two ovens operating.

As I recommend, if he spent a summer in Yuma to prove his theory I might
be willing to listen further.

Just checking weatherbase on Yuma:

Average High July: 107
Average Low : 81
Precip: Nil
Days above 90: 31

or he might try Blythe, CA

Average High: 108
low: 81
Record: 119

If too hot he could try a cooler place such as Phoenix where the high is
only 105.