Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Drywall out on kitchen... totally ripped apart-- wish list

"Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...
Have my entire kitchen/dining room drywall ripped out... back to the
studs.

What should I be doing now that I am not thinking of.. or better
stated.. what have those of you who have finished kitchens said.. I
wish I would have thought of this.. or done this when I had the place
wide open.

Whats on the other side of the wall, good time to update those receptacles
or plumbing as well. Be careful not to open a fire wall between the kitchen
and garage.

Main thing is to have enough branch circuits and receptacles (in the right
spots) to satisfy code+. Dedicated valves for the dishwasher and ice maker
would be nice too. Don't forget the phone, cable, intercom and internet
wires.

Wiring or transformers for undercabmet lighting should be considered as well
as the locations for the switches (3 way, one for each entry)

Also be sure to install any additional blocking to support the range hood or
wall mounted microwave oven now.