Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default misaligned concrete expansion joints

"PipeDown" wrote in message
ink.net...
Was it poured all at once? (the change in contrast makes it hard to know

for
sure) Looks like they poured the bottom section first and put the joint

in
the wrong spot then made a judgement call at the top which one to line up
on.

"mfreak" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having a driveway poured, and the expansion joints don't line up.
The joint lines up with the garage floor joint on the top, then it jogs

a few inches to the right towards the street. Is there any reason you
wouldn't match the lines? Is that normal? I don't remember ever
seeing this before.

http://www.mpw.net/doug/dw.jpg

I'd agree, but it looks like top was poured first, the usual practice.
(Saves driving truck or wheelbarrow over the green concrete).
I think they just effed up. The center joint looks tooled in- finish man
probably waited a hair too long to where the surface was just barely
workable, and once he started in wrong spot, he was committed. It won't
cause any problems, it just looks funny. No way to fix that won't be worse
than the problem- but out of embarrassment, the flatwork company should
offer you a break on the price. I suppose they could saw a second kerf in
each slab, and try to feather the edges to make them match, but a stripe
down the middle of drive would also look funny.

aem sends...