Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11

Default Dishwasher Open-Close Catch Repair on Kitchenaid ?

Hello,

Have a several years old Dishwasher, a KitchenAid Sculptura, KUDS24SE.

Last few days, the door open-close handle on the front that works the catch
sound real funny, and has a very different feel to it.
Still seems to work, but -

Seems obvious that something has broken inside, or is about to.

a. How hard is it to replace the mechanism ? Any suggestions for an Internet
source site for repair parts ?

b. As it still works, I'm a bit hesitant to open it up now. But was
wondering if it ever fails to open due to something in the catch mechanism
"finally" breaking, how can I open the door ?

The springy catch on the body itself that would apparently have to be
pressed upwards does not seem accessible in any way with the door closed.
Nor is the door mechanism accessible when closed.

Is there some "trick" perhaps to doing this ?

Would sure like to know how to do this before the fact !

Thanks,
Bob