Posted to alt.home.repair
patrick mitchel

Default Plastic Eyeglass repair

z wrote in message
ups.com...

Joseph Meehan wrote:
I know the chances of a real fix are slim, but my girlfriend broke her
backup pair of glasses. The are made of plastic and are not all that

large.
I would like to at least try fixing them.

I have successfully used epoxy on some plastics (automotive tail

lights)
and I had thought of the "Super Glue" products, however I don't know how
successful they are with plastics, and I know that most have been

weakened
due to medical concerns. The only good thing is there does not appear

to be
any deformation of the plastic. It was a very clean break and the parts

fit
closely together.

Does anyone what to suggest what kind of product would work with the
type of plastic used in eyeglasses?

Where'd they break? Temple, earpiece? where the hinge is? Pat