Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tektronix 485: How to get to vertical attenuator?

Andreas Tekman wrote:
Looks like the pot needs to be replaced or at least to be re-lubed.
Since t will be difficult to get a irect replacement, try this: get teh
pot out, drill a very small hole in the pot housing and apply 1 -3
drops of contact cleaner/lube "Kontakt60" into the housing. Turn the
the pots shaft for a couple of times. Repaeat in necessary. Let dry at
least for half an hour .

Done. I found that my local Fry's carries Deoxit Faderlube (the spray
version). I didn't even need to remove the pots (thankfully, it would
be a pain for the timing one). Amazing stuff that is. Both pots now
turn very smoothly.

Best,

- Cesar