Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

Default Bowed lumber

"Tony Jester" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
Is there any way to straighten bowed lumber? By bowed I mean the board
curves off to the left or right as you sight down its length. I have a
large amount of 5/4 by 4 inch cedar trim boards for the house I am
building.
Most of these have become so badly bowed as to be unusable.

I thought about attaching a straight-edge and machining them straight on
the
table saw, but I think they'd end up only being maybe two inches wide at
the
most.

If this is exterior trim and the lengths are long I'd be inclined to nail it
in place while bending it into place... Cedar is relatively soft and easy to
straighten out while nailing up... I'm assuming of course you aren't talking
about wood so crocked that the ends touch!

John