Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Campbell

Default Bowed lumber -- possible idea

In article , Chris Friesen
wrote:

Tony Jester wrote:
Hi,
Is there any way to straighten bowed lumber? By bowed I mean the board
curves off to the left or right as you sight down its length.

I've never actually tried this, so maybe some of the other guys should
comment on whether or not it makes sense.

What about ripping right down the middle, then edge-gluing the curved
surfaces together? snip

What might work would be to use one half for the template, have them
spaced just a bit closer together than the size of pattern bit you
have, then raise one up so the bearing runs against it and the bit cuts
the lower one to match.

--
http://sawdustmaking.com