Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³

Default Re-drilling trailer hubs?

"Steve W." wrote in message

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
Greetings Steve,
I went out and looked at my 92 Toyota truck, 92 Dodge Colt, 85
trailer, 77 Mail Jeep, and 52 M38 Jeep. The 92 Toyota uses a bored
wheel/turned hub for location. The Colt uses the same in front but the
rears rely on the lugnuts. The trailer uses lugnuts as do both of the
jeeps. I'm thinking that since the 92 4WD truck uses the turned hub,
which is a better way, that probably all newer vehicles do this. Odd
that the Colt uses both methods. I bought the Colt new so i know the
wheels are stock. My advice to Terry would be to make the adapters
with locating hubs/bores if possible. Thanks Steve.
ERS

Hub location has been used by Ford GM and Dodge since just about day
one of production. The Jeeps used hub location with civilian models
since about 62-63.

Don't forget that the Colt was a Mitsubishi product with either a Dodge or a
Plymouth nameplate. [Sorta like the early Neons.]