Spehro Pefhany

Default The Dubya's Steel tariffs declaired illegal

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:49:04 GMT, the renowned "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Udie" youdeetwothreethree@ victoriadotteecee.ca wrote in message
The oil exports hardly count.

I agree, but I was giving the benefit of the doubt by pointing them out. The
point is that Canada's exports to the US are not mostly raw materials.
They're mostly manufactured products.

BTW, Canada is currently running a trade deficit with every other
trading partner (smaller ones grouped) except the US. It's
particularly large (percentage-wise) with respect to the UK and the
rest of the EEC. It's probably just about what you'd see if you
analyzed the internal vs. external trade of a grouping of US states
with similar population and industry. California is probably more
economically independent of the US than Canada. Alaska surely is.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany