Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default dear friend,may I ask you a question?

Guy King wrote:
The message from "ting" contains these words:
I am a Chinese boy,I find it hard to learn English,especiall audition,
I want to know:do you english-speaking can hear every word somebody
speaks with whom you talk?thank you for helping me.

Trust me, this is the same the world over. I deliberately slow down when
talking to people who are struggling with the language, but I sure they
don't do the same for me!

The French in particular seem to speed up as much as possible.

Look them in the eye with a steady gaze. Speak loudly and slowly.
If they say anything at all, repeat what you said, at the same
volume, but more slowly. Wave your arms about if you think it'll
be helpful, or "mime".