Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

Default dear friend,may I ask you a question?

"ting" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am a Chinese boy,I find it hard to learn English,especiall audition,
I want to know:do you english-speaking can hear every word somebody
speaks with whom you talk?thank you for helping me.

You're not in the right newsgroup here but...

No - often you miss individual words but get the general sense. Perhaps
related to the large number of sounds in English and the indistinct nature
of many of them. Some words are dispensable anyway (some articles, some
plurals). In some other languages you can normally hear all the sounds and
syllables, even if you don't understand all the words (eg German, Japanese).
Others like English can be difficult to hear (French and - others tell me -
Spanish). Don't get me started on the difficulty of hearing the different
tones in Chinese if you are a native speaker of a non-tonal language!