Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Greatest markup ever?

In article , milou
wrote:
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:40:48 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

I've always looked on markup from the retailer's rather than consumer's
pov. Your way tends to reduce the impact of what I would term an
extravagant retail cut. In your terms I'd suggest 25% as a more reasonable
share.

As long as you don't pay income tax, don't eat, don't pay in a pension
fund, don't pay your staff, don't pay rates and steal the car you drive,
25% is about OK.

But I'm looking at it from the point of view of a designer and manufacturer
who has to do all that and gets only 10% (if that) after buying raw materials!
;-(