Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Friggin hair....

"NOTME" zeddrei AT hotmail DOT com wrote in message

Okay, some of you old time wRECkers wake up! I remember someone posting

long time ago about a miniature plane using razor blades made

specifically
for planing off runs in paint. It was actually from an automobile

finishing
specialty catalog. Thought I had it saved, but can't locate it.

This would be slick for curing your problem.

Might you be referring to one of these?
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

I've got a couple of these lying around. They're ok, but they aren't as
useful as you might think from looking at them. You can get them at any
autobody supply house for 1/2 the price in the link above. You'll still end
up finishing out the run with wet sandpaper and a block. I generally find
that just carefully using a razor blade is more effective than the tool.
The tool really only works on quite small runs.

--

-Mike-