Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Jasen Betts

Default How to stop Piracy?

On 2006-04-24, John Fields wrote:
On 24 Apr 2006 13:51:50 -0700, wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Well, sometimes it takes a while before we can figure out what
something should be called, but the fact remains that if someone
thinks up a way to do something it was _their_ intellect which
allowed them to do it, so that means that the intellectual property
(which is the way to do it) belongs to them.

Recognizing the originator of an idea is not nearly the same thing as
granting them ownership of the idea or its use as virtual property.

---
The point you seem to be incapable of understanding is that granting
them ownership isn't necessary. The fact that the idea was theirs
in the first place makes them inherently the owner of the idea and
whether they choose to develop that idea commercially themselves or
license someone else to do it is none of your business.

Why do you think we say, without even thinking about it, "That was
my idea", or "That was her idea"?

It's because it's so obvious it doesn't need explaining.

why do you use the past tense? "was my idea".

is it because at some level you understand that by sharing it it is no
longer exclusively yours?

Bye.
Jasen