Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eternal BA tool search

You can get 1/4" square drive 1/4" size hex bits, that would work at
the cost of being overly long, you could then use a common 1/4" square
drive drive ratchet handle. Or just get a common 1/4" hex drive
screwdriver and 1/4" hex(Allen) bit, usually sold in a set for cheap.
I just bought a single 1/4" hex bit to replace a lost one, cost almost
as much as a cheap set of 1/4" hex screwdriver bits and driver.
Downside with either of those solutions is that there's no detent on
the hex bits to retain the sockets, but they could be driven that way.

The only sockets with a 1/4" hex drive I've see have been really old
and cheap sets from Japan, back when Japan was known for making junk.
Included a cheap socket caddy and a hex key with flanges on opposite
corners to keep the sockets from riding up the shank. Not for use in
dark places, there was no detent ball on the key, either, the sockets
tended to drop off easily. Talk about hunting for tools... My
grandfather kept the set in his old car, guess he never had to use it,
they were still all there.

Stan