Posted to alt.home.repair
opto

Default whirlpool dishwasher challenge - repair question

Hi All,

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that does not clean well. Soap is left in the
soap dish. Whirlpool changed the motor and just about everything else whle
it was under warranty. Water pressure is adequate - I have done all kinds of
tests.

I started troubleshooting it now and it seems that the soap dispenser cover
does not open fully. If you look at the rack (upper)
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=1028158

There is a small piece at the left corner that connects base tines 0,1, and
2. Similar piece is not there on the right side. I put white chalk and then
some tape etc. and confirmed that the cover of soap dispenser hits it after
it is open halfway.

Does anybody know, if they might have done this to prevent the loud sound
when the cover opens and hits the inside of the front of dishwasher.

I am thinking if I cut this small piece from the rack, cover will open fully
and water will hit the inside of the dish more easily. I experimented by
running the dishwasher on quick wash without closing the cover and dishes
are perfectly clean.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

AJ