Posted to alt.home.repair
HarryS

Default Tiling a concrete floor (basement)

Be aware that many old tiles contain asbestos. If they are 9 x 9 tiles,
chances are they are contain asbestos. If they are 12 x 12 tiles they may
not contain asbestos, then again, really old 12 x 12 tiles may contain
asbestos. If they contain asbestos, abrading, chipping, breaking the tiles
can release asbestos particles to the air and surrounding surfaces. Have
someone versed in asbestos testing check it out before you begin removal.

Harry

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys,

My bathroom in the basement is currently covered with vinyl tiles
(really old). I like to replace them with ceramic tiles. I think it's
going to be really uneven once I remove the vinyl tiles. Can I use a
floor leveler (Maybe one sold at Home Depot) on concrete to level it
out? Any suggestion? Also, to lay down the tiles what kind of tile
adhesive would you recommend. I live in Canada so I have access to both
Home Depot and Rona.

Thanks
Maz