Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Bob

Default Eliminating Must odor from dresser

Walt wrote:
Bleach may work I don't know. The problem I can see with bleach
would be discoloring and it may deteriorate the wood. Vinegar might
do the same, I doubt it would harm the wood but may discolor I would
test for problems before applying too much of anything. If it inside
a drawer though who cares about a little discoloring.

I am mainly concerned with the inside as I feel that this is why the
condition remains. I am planning on removing the back completely and
replacing it with a fresh piece of wood. The building I vacated has a mold
problem along with other conditions that would be present in the forest
area. This infection might be in some of the wood furniture. If this is the
case then I am guessing there are joints that my be areas that need to be
cleaned. I am not planning on mixing the bleach and the vinegar in the near
future. I was thinking of a diluted stain that would be sure to penetrate.
Thanks

Bob