Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default Loctite for wood screws?

wrote:
I have an old slide-in camper on my Ford pickup.

The camper is mostly made of 3/4" plywood. I am renovating this
camper, structurally reinforcing it. It stays on the pickup full time,
so is subject to a lot of little vibrations, wiggles, twists, etc.

As part of my renovation, I am putting some 3/4" long zinc plated wood
screws....into the plywood.

The screws were installed last week. What would be a good equivalent
to Loctite to put on these screws so they don't appreciably "back-out"
of the wood? I could partially or totally remove these screws to apply
some kind of anchoring goop on the screw or into the screw hole.

Thank you..... Lee Carkenord

epoxy.

Dave