Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

Default In the market for a miter saw

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:20:36 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
.. .
I am shopping for a new miter saw ( or chop saw). I was toying with the
idea of the Porter Cable 3700 with dual lasers but it only comes in a 10in
blade. Anyone really impressed with theirs or happy. Or anyone really
unhappy so I know what to avoid. I would love a sliding compound but for
the extra $150 I don't think I will have to cut too many really wide boards
to warrent that cost.
Thanks for the help...

You don't say what type of projects that you expect to make but I can't
imagine that the lasers would have much use with precision work. I would
rather have a 12" saw than a 10" with laser.

JMO, but the laser is worthless. I am using a Rigid 12" machine right
now and am pretty happy with it.