Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Bruder

Default OT - Winger with gun

In article ,
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

When the crook is holding the weapon sideways 'Gangsta Style',
that's a pretty good clue that they have no real experience. The
safest place to hide in that case would be behind the target - he
ain't gonna get a round anywhere near it except through sheer luck.

Actually, based on my observations, those using the "gangsta grip" are
best avoided by ducking to the side that the butt of the gun points at.
Damn near everything they fire is going to go wide to the opposite side.

So if you've got somebody pointing at you with the gangsta-approved
"rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise" (from his view) grip, you want to
dodge to your left, 'cause everything he throws at you after the first
shot is going to go wide to your right. The first shot will, too, just
not as far as the followup shots do.

Then you've got the folks like me that just plain don't believe in
screwing around with that "one chunk of lead per shot" baloney... A 12
gauge riot-gun sporting a cylinder choke and loaded with 00-buck tends
to stop pretty much anything it points at inside of 20 yards, and does a
fair job out to at least 40 or 50. Add the "7 more where that came from
just as fast as I can jack the pump and squeeze the trigger" factor, and
I figure I'm fairly well set for dealing with any "goblin incursion"
that isn't a small army.

Show me a critter smaller than a grizzly bear that'll keep coming after
taking a load of double-ought to center of mass at close range, and I'll
show you a critter wearing Class II or better body armor... Not exactly
"typical bad guy" gear.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info