Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Pewitt

Default HF cement mixer

I have the 3 1/2 cu ft model. It does take two bags of ready mix. I
do not like the motor mount. It's a bitch to try to align the belts,
tighten the belts, and tighten the bolts at the same time. Definitely
a two man job. I am going to make a better motor mount using a
captive screw to tighten the belt. Other than that it not a bad tool
for the money.
73 Gary

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:48:36 -0500, (DT)
wrote:

Well, to follow up on my own post, they do have the manuals online, and it
appears to be actual drum capacity, which is standard practice. The 3 1/2 cubic
foot model lists the following maximum load, but yah gotta do the math:

2 gallons water
3 shovels cement
15 shovels aggregate

That's using a size 3 shovel.

I'm not sure how much concrete that makes using the shovel counting method, but
two gallons of water is what you would use for (2) 80 lb bags of Quickrete,
which seems about max for a 3 1/2 cubic foot model.

Gary Pewitt N9ZSV
Sturgeon's Law "Ninety percent of everything is crap"